The 2021 Elantra showcases Hyundai’s latest ambitions, including a Sensuous Sportiness design identity, hybrid electric vehicle technology, and segment-first wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity. The car also provides exciting driving dynamics and the most progressive in-car experience in its class. Production of the 2021 Elantra starts in the fall in Ulsan, Korea and at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama, and sales begin in the fourth quarter.
Highlights for the 2021 Elantra
– An all-new seventh-generation Elantra compact sedan with new vehicle platform
– Longer wheelbase, wider stance, lower roofline
– Elantra is called the Avante in the Korean domestic market
– Second Hyundai vehicle with Sensuous Sportiness design identity
– An everyday exotic four-door-coupe look with innovative molding and engineering technology
– First-ever Elantra Hybrid
– More than 50 MPG estimated combined fuel economy on hybrid model
– Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto make connecting easy
– Hyundai’s optional Digital Key allows Elantra to be unlocked, started and driven without a physical key via a smartphone or NFC card
– Production to begin at Ulsan, Korea and at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama in the fall with shipments to dealers in the fourth quarter
– An enhanced natural-language voice-recognition system with Speech-to-Meaning and Deep Meaning Understanding technologies and lots of feature controls
– Standard SmartSense safety and convenience technologies
– Two available 10.25-inch multimedia screens under one piece of glass
The Elantra SE, SEL, and Limited offer the 2.0L MPI Atkinson Cycle engine that also has a focus on fuel economy. This engine generates 147 horsepower @ 6,200 RPM and 132 lb.-ft. of torque @ 4,500 RPM. These models are projected to achieve a best-in-class EPA combined fuel economy rating, an improvement over previous models, due in part to an Intelligent Variable Transmission (IVT).